Thursday 1 November 2007

I Miss Ball Hockey ///Je m'ennuie du hockey-balle


Every once in a while, I remember the thousands of hours I have spent playing ball hockey. I had to 'retire' after the summer of 2004 because my knees just could not take the pounding.


I often think of the breakneck speed and rythm of the games that I used to play on an arena surface, in a gymnasium or, (the best one) outside in summer as well as in winter.


///Une fois de temps en temps, je me rappelle les milliers d'heures que j'ai passé à jouer au hockey balle, et je m'ennuie. J'ai dû 'prendre ma retraite' de ce sport très exigeant après l'été 2004 car mes genoux ne voulaient plus tenir le coup.


Cela ne m'empêche pas de penser souvent au rythme endiâblé des matchs que l'on jouait soit sur une surface d'aréna, soit dans un gymnase ou bien tout simplement dehors autant en été qu'en hiver.

No comments: