Thursday 23 August 2007

The Backhand Shot///Le lancer du revers


When I was growing up, I was impressed by Errol Thompson's backhand shot (although I never really cared for the Maple Leafs), because he could get it off quickly and the goaltender didn't know where it was headed. I got a real sense of that during last night's final game of the summer Wednesday co-ed season, when I got a pass in the slot and wheeled to turn towards the net. My backhand shot eluded Colin, who had stoned me all game long (again), through the seven-hole.


I also had the pleasure of setting up Mick, who doesn't score very often, on a two-on-one where I waited until the last possible second to get it over to him for a shot into the vacated net. He was beaming.


///Quand j'étais jeune, j'aimais beaucoup le lancer du revers d'Errol Thompson (même si les Maple Leafs me laissaient indifférent), parce qu'il le décochait rapidement et que le gardien de but détectait difficilement l'angle du tir. J'en ai eu un rappel lors du dernier match de la saison d'été du groupe mixte du mercredi hier, quand j'ai reçu une passe dans l'enclave. J'ai pivoté rapidement et décoché un lancer du revers qui a déjoué Colin (qui avait jusqu'alors arrêté toutes mes tentatives de marquer) entre le bloqueur et le torse.


J'ai aussi pris plaisir à fabriquer un jeu qui a permis à Mick, qui ne marque pas souvent, de réussir un deux-contre-un. J'ai attendu jusqu'à la dernière seconde avant de lui refiler le disque devant le filet déserté. Il rayonnait.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Errol who?

Hockey Amor said...

Hey man,

You're either too young or too anti-Leafs to care...

Luc

Hockey Amor said...

For those who do care...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?pid=5383

Luc

Blog Archive