Tuesday 7 August 2007

Warm-Ups ///Échauffements

A few weeks ago, someone mentioned to me that I was skating too hard during warm-ups, and that I should take it easy. I took this to heart and changed my warm-up routine to include slow laps around the ice rather than my usual bursts of skating. Lo and behold, my next few games were tough ones. I couldn't get going during the games and had no jump.

After a few miserable outings, I realized last week that this change in routine could be the source of my new problems. I switched back to my old routine laste Wednesday, scored three goals, and felt good on the ice (especially the first few minutes, which set the tone for me). Sometimes experiments go awry, the key is to stop them in the nick of time.

///Il y a quelques semaines quelqu'un m'a dit que je patinais trop vite durant les échauffements et que je risquais de m'essouffler trop tôt. Je pris çà à coeur et j'ai modifié ma routine d'échauffement pour inclure des tours de glace moins intenses. Les prochains matchs ont été des matchs difficiles. Je ne pouvais pas trouver mon souffle et je ne jouais pas bien.

Après quelques matchs, j'ai compris que ces changements n'étaient pas pour le meilleur. J'ai repris ma vieille routine mercredi dernier, match durant lequel j'ai marqué trois buts et je me suis senti en pleine forme (surtout au début du match, qui est un moment critique pour moi). Comme quoi on peut essayer de nouvelles choses, mais la clé est de s'en rendre compte lorsque ça ne fonctionne pas.

No comments:

Blog Archive