Friday 3 August 2007

Warm-Up Routines ///Routines d'échauffement

I've had the same pre-game warm-up routine for years: get on the ice, drop off the water bottle and spare stick, skate around the entire ice for several laps, going faster and faster to pump myself up, then grabbing a puck and shooting at the empty net then at the goalie (and hopefully putting at least one past him). Two years ago I incorporated a few stretches near the bench since a few others were doing it and I got to thinking that I am getting older.

I recently tinkered with the routine, and something strange happened. I'll fill you in in the next post.

///J'ai la même routine d'échauffement d'avant-match depuis des années : sauter sur la glace, déposer ma bouteille d'eau et mon deuxième hockey sur le banc, et patiner plusieurs tours de glace. Je patine de plus en plus vite pour monter la cadence, ensuite je prends la rondelle et je lance dans le filet désert ensuite sur le gardien (espérant marquer au moins une fois). Il y a deux ans, j'ai incorporé des étirements à ma routine car d'autres en faisaient et j'ai commencé à me dire que je ne rajeunissait pas.

Récemment, j'ai modifié ma routine, et quelque chose d'étrange s'est produit. Je vous en parlerai dans mon prochain billet.

No comments:

Blog Archive