Tuesday 28 August 2007

Hesitation ///Quand on hésite

'He who hesitates is lost.'

Sometimes I think 90% of the game is mental. Last night, just before the last game of the summer, I watched a bunch of very good hockey players on the same ice. I was impressed with their skills and how they knew where to go and what to do. I thought I was charged up but I was intimidated. On the ice, I didn't know what to do and kept hesitating (even dropping the puck when I had a clear shot from the slot).

On a few plays, I did not know where to go and what to do. When you think it won't work, it doesn't. I got lucky when one of my shots deflected in past Colin off a John's stick. I was mildly surprised.

However, it's been a great summer hockey season. I've learned a lot and have enjoyed my time on the ice. Bring on the winter season September 7th.

///'Celui qui hésite est perdu.'

Parfois je me dis que 90% de ce jeu est mental. Hier soir, juste avant notre dernier match de l'été, j'ai regardé un groupe d'excellents joueurs sur la même patinoire. J'ai été impressionné par leurs habiletés et par le fait qu'ils savent quoi faire et comment se positionner. Je croyais que cela m'avait motivé mais sur la glace, j'étais hésitant. J'ai même échappé la rondelle alors que j'avais une bonne chance de marquer dans l'enclave.

Pendant quelques jeux, je ne savais pas quoi faire et comment me positionner. Quand tu penses que ça ne marchera pas, c'est sûr que ca va rater. J'ai eu la chance de voir un de mes lancers dévier sur le bâton de John pour déjouer Colin. Cela m'a même surpris un peu.

Malgré cela, ce fut une excellent saison de hockey d'été. J'ai appris beaucoup, et j'ai eu beaucoup de plaisir. J'ai déjà hâte à la saison d'hiver qui commence le 7 septembre.

No comments:

Blog Archive