Tuesday 17 July 2007

Back in Style ///De retour en grand

I might have been a bit nervous about returning to play hockey last night, but it turned out that I was very excited and hungry on the ice. I scored a goal in the first few minutes by driving to the net and banging away at the puck three times until I got it past Dave. I yelled out 'Yeah!' (which I rarely do as it's not really appreciated in garage-leagues), because it felt so good to score right away after returning. I skated hard the rest of the game, in spite of my lack of breath, and overall was very pleased to be back on skates. After the game I was so tired that it took me fifteen minutes to start removing my skates, which never happens...

///J'étais un peu nerveux à propos de mon retour au jeu hier soir, mais en fait j'étais très excité et engagé sur la glace. J'ai marqué un but dans les premières minutes en allant au filet pour martocher trois retours de lancer avant de glisser la rondelle derrière Dave. J'ai crié 'Yeah!' (ce que je fais rarement car c'est mal vu dans les ligues de garage) car j'étais tellement content d'avoir marqué dès mon retour. J'ai très bien patiné le reste du match, malgré mon manque de souffle, et j'étais très heureux de jouer à nouveau. Après le match, j'étais tellement fatigué que je n'ai pas commencé à enlever mon équipement avant quinze minutes, ce qui ne m'arrive jamais...

No comments:

Blog Archive