Monday 2 July 2007

Bantam House League Hockey

When I reached bantam, it became clear that my skating and hockey sense were not as developed as the other players who had been playing organized hockey since the age of 5. The Michaud Levesque coach benched me often, even when there were no penalties, choosing to overuse his best players at the expense of the lesser skilled ones. I became frustrated and angry, and decided to quit before the final game, which the team won to become house-league champions. I refused to attend the year-end banquet, and when the coach sought me out to give me my copy of the team photo, I told him that I did not feel part of the team.


///Quand j’ai atteint le niveau bantam, il est devenu très clair que mon coup de patin et mon sens du jeu n’étaient pas à la hauteur de ceux qui jouaient au hockey organisé depuis l’âge de cinq ans. L’entraîneur de Michaud Levesque, mon équipe, me faisait souvent passer mon tour, préférant utiliser les meilleurs joueurs aux dépens des moins talentueux. Je suis devenu frustré et mécontent, et j’ai décidé de lâcher juste avant le match final, que l’équipe a remporté pour gagner le championnat. J’ai également refusé de participer au banquet de fin de saison, et lorsque l’entraîneur m’a remis une copie de la photo d’équipe, je lui ai dit que je ne me sentais pas comme un membre de l’équipe.

No comments:

Blog Archive