Tuesday 24 July 2007

It Gets Into Your Head ///De mal en pis

When you're hot, you're hot, and when you're not, you're not. I definitely wasn't hot last night. I was skating around in circles yet getting very little accomplished. Our side was a bit lazy and overmatched, so we had a frustrating game. When frustration sets in, it's hard to get out of the funk you're in. You start believing that it just isn't your game, the puck that gets away becomes proof that things just aren't going your way, etc... Then I got a breakaway and deked Dave and... backhanded it onto the back of the netting. I felt like hanging my head. It was a miserable outing, and I'm glad to put it behind me.

On the other hand, my buddy Brian scored two beautiful goals and made some very nice setups and overall had a great night for the other team. It just goes to show how different the experience can be.

///Quand ça va, ça va, mais quand ça ne va pas, ça ne va vraiment pas. C'était mon cas hier soir : je tournais en rond et je n'ai pas accompli grand chose. Notre équipe était un peu paresseuse and moins forte que l'autre, donc le match a été frustrant. Quand la frustration s'installe, c'est dur de s'en sortir. Tu commences à croire que ce n'est juste pas ton match, la rondelle que tu manques devient la preuve que les choses ne tombent pas bien pour toi, etc... Ensuite j'ai eu une échappée, j'ai déjoué Dave et mon revers a atteint l'extérieur du filet. Je me sentais misérable, et j'étais très content de mettre ce match là derrière moi.

De l'autre côté, mon ami Brian a marqué deux beaux buts et effectué de très belles passes et il a connu un excellent match pour l'autre équipe. Incroyable comment l'expérience peut différer d'une personne à l'autre.

No comments:

Blog Archive