Tuesday 13 February 2007

Closing Out My Thirties ///Dernier match de la trentaine

Yesterday's garage-league game was the last of my thirties, as I will turn 40 on Friday (I've decided that tomorrow, Valentine's day prevails over pickup hockey). Although it was an awesome decade, in which I progressed nicely into more of a goal-scorer, last night was all about feeling stale. I rarely get that feeling, but I was nonchalant on the ice, especially at the start of the game. This drives me nuts in others, so I could barely stand myself. It also showed on the scoreboard, as my side got trounced 8 - 2. I scored once, off a behind-the net shot by Trevor, bringing it back to beat Carlene low stick side.

I'm looking forward to the next decade of garage-league hockey. I'm halfway to my goal of become the best 80-year old hockey player in the country!

///Le match d'hier était mon dernier de la trentaine (j'aurai 40 ans vendredi et j'ai décidé que la St-Valentin primerait sur le hockey demain). Ce fut une décennie remarquable pour moi, et je suis devenu un meilleur marqueur, mais hier soir j'étais sans passion. C'est rarement le cas, mais j'étais nonchalant sur la glace, surtout au début du match. Ceci me rends fou quand je l'observe chez les autres, donc je ne m'endurais pas. Évidemment, mon équipe a perdu (avec une attitude pareille), par le compte de 8 à 2. J'ai marqué, en prenant un retour d'un lancer de Trevor derrière le filet pour déjouer Carlene au ras de la glace du côté du bouclier.

J'anticipe avec joie la prochaine décennie sur la glace. Je suis à mi-chemin dans mon objectif de devenir le meilleur joueur de hockey de 80 ans au pays!

No comments:

Blog Archive