Thursday 1 February 2007

Lacing It Up, Or Not? ///Les hauts et les bas des lacets

I've always laced up my skates all the way up (and even used to tape the ankle for stiffness). Recently, my buddy Brian mentioned that he saw a picture of Antoine Vermette of the Ottawa Senators which clearly shows that he leaves the top four eyelets unlaced. I tried it yesterday at hockey and found it too loose, then changed to three eyelets unlaced. It still felt a bit weird, but I think I had more mobility out there, especially for sharp turns. We'll see...

///J'ai toujours lacé mes patins jusqu'en haut (j'utilisais même du ruban adhésif pour stabiliser ma cheville à un moment donné). Récemment, mon ami Brian me disait qu'il avait vu une photo d'Antoine Vermette des Sénateurs d'Ottawa où l'on peut voir clairement qu'il laisse quatre trous inutilisés. Je l'ai essayé au hockey hier et j'ai trouvé ça un peu vacillant, donc j'ai changé pour trois trous inutilisés. Ça semblait un peu bizarre au début, mais je crois que j'avais plus de mobilité, surtout lors de virages serrés. On verra...

No comments:

Blog Archive